Re: napster.. where is napster?

Roberto Diaz wrote:

authentication location. So, you and your friend may have been logged
into seperate servers. Could you see each other ?? Probably not, huh ?

Of course there are many servers (never mind how much), but I just didn't take into account that they are not synchronized.

Napster is a very good example about how large monopolies are able to rule
the entire internet..
Examples:
first: onelist.com --> egroups.com -> yahoo.groups.com
first: yahoo.com --------------------> first: geocities.com -------> geocities.yahoo.com
yahoo.com -------------------> too big

lycos.com
telefonica.com --------> terra.com
ozu.com
------------------------------------
terra.com ----------------> too big

deja.com ------------> groups.google.com
google.com
google.com ----------------> too big

Not to mention aol.com

(feel free to add to this list all that I am missing)

Just some examples.. the next maybe:

terra.com + yahoo.com + google.com + aol.com + microsoft = monopoly

At the end we will see the internet that very few want us to see..

Wee need a Free Information Service. We could do something similar to
napster..

Yes.. I know.. this wont happen... all is ok how is today and how it
will be tomorrow...

Regards

Roberto

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.ddts.net>