Re: Insecure permission for swap partition.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 14:47:01 -0500, Fu-Dong Chiou wrote:
> I got a warning message saying the swap partition has insecure permission
> 0660, which should be changed to 0600.  I looked at the man page of
> swapon, but could not find the info to change the permission.  How do I
> change it?

Have a look at
	info "file utilities" "file permissions"
or do
	man chmod

("chmod 0600 /dev/hda7" [or whatever your swap partition is] should do the
trick).

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,