Re: port scare

> > And is it all right to keep 22 open like that? Apologies for the
> > rushed questions, I just want a box secure enough to allow me to
> > continue to experiment without worry. I can look into better
> > solutions later, like ipchains/firewalls.
> If you need to access your machine from several sites and you previously
> dont know from where.. you have to have open ssh at minimum.. what other
> choices?

Well in fact there was a very nice choice at least years ago... a project
called "srp" I think.. with srp you could have a very secure telnet
service protected with a double key.. it was really good.. I dont know if
still is alive.. does somebody knows?

It used PAM.. it was very nice...

Regards

Roberto