Re: Simple Questions

To quote "Leonard Leblanc" <lleblanc@emergeknowledge.com>,
# Hey All,
#
# I have just a quick (and probably stupid) question.  I was under the
# impression that you could just place scripts in the cron.daily,
# cron.monthly, and cron.weekly directories and that those scripts would
be
# run.  Now either there is an error in my script or I'm not doing
something
# right.  Can someone give me a procedure for adding a job to the cron
# schedule...?

You are correct there... A couple of things to look for:

Is the script executable? 'chmod +x <script>'
Does the script have "#!/bin/sh" or whatever language the script is
written in for the first line?

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)