Re: apt-get via firewall

I have squid proxying ftp/http on my firewall.  Thus, I cna see web pages
from behind a firewall.  I do not want to put a hole in the firewall to
let people on the instide directly communicate with the outside via http
or ftp.

My netscape browser has a place to configure ftp/http/https firewalls and
directs all http / ftp requests THROUGH the firewall.  therefore, I
believe apt-get would need to be configured to talk through the firewall
as well.

Do you have some specific advise on how to configure things?

Thank you.