Debian floppy images questions

Hi,
I have CD's 2.2r0 but a machine that doesn't boot from CD's. I have
another machine that I can make the rescue and other floppies.

The install/doc/ch-install-methods.en.html suggests four disk sets,
vanilla, compact, idepci or udma66.

The cd's have compact, idepci, safe, and udma66 and the base-1...11.bin,
root.bin, rescue.bin, driver-1..3.bin and kernel-config.

The debian site has four drivers instead of three.

Is the vanilla in the docs the rescue, root, and four drivers floating
free in the images directory?

If so what is the recommended set to use if you don't have a clue?

Should I get the newer images from the web site or use the ones from the
CD?

Thanks,
Eric :-)