Re: Suggestions for and comments on trackballs?

Lo, on Saturday, February 17, Bud Rogers did write:

> On Saturday 17 February 2001 12:18, Richard Cobbe wrote:
>
> > * the ball should be under my fingers, not my thumb, as it generates
> > the most pain.
>
> A pity, that.

Truly---it's starting to cause problems when I write for long stretches at
a time.

> I've been using a Logitech Trackman Marble since Christmas and I really
> like it.  Best $40 I've spent in a while.

Yeah, I saw that one on their web site.  Looks nice, and it appears to be
popular among Linux users, but the ball's in the wrong place for me.  :-(

Ideally, I'd find one of those I could borrow for a couple of weeks to see
what I think of it---I find that I can't really make a good decision about
input devices until I've used them for a while.

Richard