dmesg size too small

    Hi,

I'm kind of stumped over the dmesg size. I did a search on it and found some
are considering a patch to provide on the fly dmesg buffer size etc... What I
need to do is find the output of several onboard cards - video and sound. I
have found the driver for the video (go XF86Setup!) but sndconfig isn't having
much luck with the audio chip :( Right now, I only get about 2 pages of text
output and it doesn't go back far enough to show the chip data.

Is there a way to double the size of dmesg? If so, how - i'm quite willing to
compile a new kernel to try to figure this out.

Thank you.

--

Jaye Inabnit, ARS ke6sls     e-mail: ke6sls@arrl.net
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-268-4074