Re: Mozilla 0.8

Just install the binaries into your home dir or /usr/local ..because your
settings are created in ~/<user>/.mozilla you wont lose them anyway, unless
ofcourse mozilla 0.8's settings differ much from 0.7.

Btw, if you do decide to install from the binaries (or source) then remember
to remove the plugins dir in your new mozilla directory and softlink
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins to <somewhere>/mozilla/plugins. Otherwise when you
install a plugin it will install itself in /usr/lib/plugins but Moz will only
still look in its own plugins dir.

One last thing, Moz also needs write access to its own directory otherwise it
wont run.