> multicast group.

>From the user point of view multicast is no different than unicast. You
insert the appropriate address in the application and that is it.

I suspect your problem might be more related to one of two things:
1. Problems with the application, or
2. Your net connection does not allow multicast.

If you could indicate more precisely what you are trying to do it would
be easier to help you with (1). With regards to (2), the problem is that
multicast does not just depend on the server and the client but also on
the routers in between. If the routers are not capable of doing
multicast
(or are not configured to do it) then multicast will not work.

Happy Hacking,

\Gandalf