Windowmaker & GNOME -> Maximizing...

Hello,

I noticed that with the newer wmaker (Version: 0.63.1-3) and gnome
(Version: 1.2.4-helix2) they made some changes to the 'maximize'
window functionality.

To clarify the situations I have made 4 screenshots and included
the URL's in this message... They are approx. 20k each. JPG's 800x640.

I have a little 'Aligned Panel' in the upper right corner of my screen
which holds GnomeICU, and I have an 'Edge Panel' on the bottom of my
screen... (http://www.freshdot.net/debian/desktop-withpanels.jpg)

Before all the trouble started, when I 'Maximized' a window, the window
would in fact fill my whole screen, and the Gnome Panels would lie on
TOP of it.  (http://www.freshdot.net/debian/maximized-therightway.jpg)

Then suddenly, after a dist-upgrade (I run unstable), the maximize option
maximized windows between the bottom of the 'Aligned Panel' and the top
of the AUTO-HIDDEN (!) Edge Panel. So the window would cover my whole
screen, except for the size of the Aligned Panel on the top.
(http://www.freshdot.net/debian/maximized-stage2.jpg)

But now, all of the sudden, windows maximize to the bottom of the 'Aligned
Panel' and to the top of the SHOWN Edge Panel, EVEN when the Edge Panel is
hidden (rolled in). (http://www.freshdot.net/debian/maximized-wrong.jpg)

I *really* do not like this at all, and I would like to know if anyone has
a solution for this. I can't find and options to allow windows to maximize
UNDER panels, as it did before...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sander.