Re: debian command list

ktb wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 08:40:19AM -0800, Mike Egglestone wrote:
> > Hi all...
> > I'm looking for a web site that would have
> > a nice list and basic description of debian commands.....
> > Anyone know of such a place?
> >
> > or even just linux commands for that matter...
> >

> Have you looked though the debian documentation, in particular -
> http://www.newriders.com/debian/html/noframes/
> ?
>
> If you do a search at google.com or your favorite search engine for
> something like "basic linux commands" you should come up with what your
> looking for.

  reference:

  man program (or xman, that also shows you a list of commands)
  man -k some_keyword is also useful.

  debian specific (mostly useful to figure out how toconfigure stuff in
debian)

  /usr/share/doc

  for more task oriented stuff (how do I set up printing?) go to
www.linuxdoc.org and read the HOWTOs

	erik