Re: upgrade to a lib in testing

To quote "Robin Rowe" <rower@movieeditor.com>,
# Hi. I don't seem to have it right. I get an error on 'apt-get install
# libsdl1.1-dev':
#
#     Reading Package Lists...
#     Building Dependency Tree...
#     E: Couldn't find package libsdl1.1-dev

Don't read the other reply ...

Use deb-src, trust me.

Here's what you do;

1) Temporary add a deb-src entry pointing to testing. You've done this
already.
2) As root, do 'apt-get -b source libsdl1.1'. That'll build libsdl1.1
.debs.
3) As root, do 'dpkg -i <.debs>', where <.debs> are the names of the
.deb files generated by 'apt-get -b source'..

If you just add a 'deb' line pointing to testing, and then 'apt-get
install something' from it, you're going to run into big problems, trust
me. And you'll get little sympathy :(

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)