Re: configure sendmail

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Nate Amsden wrote:

> Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to configure  sendmail without things like
> > FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
> > FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
> >
> > and possibly someo others
>
> after sendmailconfig is done, remove those lines from sendmail.mc, run
> sendmailconfig
> again, when it prompts to regenerate(The first question) say YES. it
> will build
> the stuff accoridng to your sendmail.mc ..it works great for me since i
> have to
> add stuff to use cyrus for delivery.

Nate, I don't remember if we talked about cyrus before, but what kind
of things do you add to support cyrus (If its common stuff, I'd like
to get it *in* the default distribution).

To both of you - sendmailconfig is hopefully going away soon... I keep
meaning to go to debconf, but betwixt beating my head against the wall
with sendmail 8.12 beta (shared memory/IPV6 problems with linux), trying
to get an updated x3270 out, real (paid) work, and a semblance of a
life, well, things have been quite hectic here'bouts for a while.

The point of the note, is, however, I have a few *old* notes on the
basic kinds of configuration (end node, gateway, lan, dialup etc.)
but I'd like to get sample setup/config from as many folk as possible
to try and tailor configuration accordingly.

--
Rick Nelson
The most effective has probably been Linux/8086 - that was a joke