Re: sound ensoniq es1371

On 15 Feb 2001, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:
> Anthony Campbell saw fit to inform me that:
> >On 14 Feb 2001, Kent West wrote:
> >>

> >Or don't use modules, at least to start with (as advised in the Sound
> >HOWTO).  If you compile the driver directly into the kernel you reduce
> >the layers of possible error. Personally, I don't use modules at all.
> >

> I am using es1371 module compiled with kernel 2.4 without any problems :-)
>
> Regards

I used them too, as an experiment, and there were no problems. But Kent
West was getting problems, which was why I suggested compiling the
driver into the kernel, at least to start with.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running GNU/Debian Linux (Windows-free zone)
For electronic books, skeptical essays, and over 120 book reviews, go to:

But hope not life from grief or danger free
Nor think the doom of man reversed for thee.
[Samuel Johnson]