Re: Win2k LDAP and Linux oh my!

ive seen a lot of reports that say active directory does NOT get along
well
with any other kind of directory service. its basically if you use it
that
is all you can use. i really feel sorry for anyone who is forced to use
AD.

currently at my company we are using Netscape directory server 3.1 on
a solaris 7 machine to provide LDAP address books, and we authenticate
our VPNs via RADIUS not ldap(IMO radius makes more sense for that
kind of stuff anyway :) ). i have extreme doubts you can get AD and
a normal LDAP server to synch with each other.

iplanet products do not seem to work at all under debian so ..i'm
not sure what to reccomend.

good luck with the AD stuff ..i wouldn't be caught dead using it.

nate