Re: autofs example

Hi,

> > In my opinion it's a question of comfort. It saves typing, as you can
> > omit su, sudo etc. and the actual mount command. Ok ok, it's for the real
> > lazy kind like me .. ;)
> >
> > On the other hand, if you wanted to remove, say, a floppy before autofs's
> > timeout, you do need to unmount it explicitly to ensure it syncs back.
> > But that's what mtools are good for. ;)
>
> I guess one day the penny will drop, but it hasn't yet.
> (There's no typing involved with an entry in /etc/fstab.)

I hope so.
(Some people DO NOT want particular filesystems mounted ad startup, be it
NFS, Windows partitions etc. They want it to be mounted ONLY when needed, in
which case autofs *does* save typing, thus time and it's faster.)

Sincerely,
	Frank
 Frank Trenkamp                               ftrenkam@uos.de
 PGP fprt: 5A0C 4AE9 74A5 51F0 2D34  E7DC 67FF 32C4 0357 5653