Installing Debian with ATA100

(I apologize if this post is breaking any etiquette or anything -- I haven't had time to really lurk as I'm excited about trying to get Debian installed).

My setup is as follows:

I'm using an Asus A7V motherboard with an on-board ATA100 controller. I have two hard drives hooked up: one on the primary ATA100 controller, one on the standard IDE controller (both are set as masters and are by themselves -- the CD-ROM is on the secondary IDE controller by itself).

I want to install Debian on the standard IDE drive, leaving Win98 on my ATA100 drive. The problem is that the fdisk program that ran during the install (which I aborted) only recognized the standard drive. This would be fine by me (I don't need access to the ATA100 drive while in Debian) except that I'm worried about how I'll be able to dual-boot using LILO this way.

Any thoughts?  Am I just worrying over nothing?

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Stephen Keller