Re: postgresql demond

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 22:06:08 +0100, Olivier Billet wrote:
> I'm using postgresql and can use psql, but I dont know how to allow people
> to connect to the databases. I mean even users on the local host (my box)
> cant connect. It seems that it's a matter of -i switch before runing the
> postmaster.

To allow local users to connect, TCP/IP support is not needed.

> But what's the Debian way to do this ?

If you want to enable TCP/IP support, set PGALLOWTCPIP=yes in
/etc/postgresql/postmaster.init and restart PostgreSQL.

HTH,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go