Re: some mutt stuff

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 09:30:21PM +0100, Willi Dyck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can somebody tell me how to configure
> my ~/.muttrc to tell mutt to insert some text
> below my mails automaticaly? Thanks in advance.
> Willos

I use the following line:

set signature = ~/newsig.sh|

This calls my shell script newsig.sh, which appends a random fortune
onto a static signature, yielding results like you see at the end of
this email. Take note of the pipe char at the end. It is important!

There are other ways of doing this, depending on your needs.

Let me know if you want to see my newsig.sh script also and I will
send it.

Good luck!

Linux Documentation Project                   david@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

Emerson's Law of Contrariness:
	Our chief want in life is somebody who shall make us do what we
	can.  Having found them, we shall then hate them for it.