HD dual-boots from one computer; single-boots from another

I've got a 10-GB drive configured to dual boot Windows2000 and Debian Woody. W2K (FAT32, LBA) is on the first partition, which is 6GB. Linux has the rest of the drive in several partitions. I'm using LILO, with Linux configured as the default OS.

On a Gateway computer, the dual-boot setup works fine, but if I take the drive out and put it in a Hewlett Packard Pavilion, LILO works as it should, and I can boot into Linux. But if I try to boot into W2K, I get a "can't find ntldr" message. I can boot into Linux and see the W2K partition just fine.

I've tinkered with the Large Disk Support option in the HP's BIOS, but that didn't do anything for me.

I just thought of seeing if I can find a BIOS flash for the HP, but in the meanwhile, if any of you boot sector/mbr gurus have any thoughts, I'd be glad to hear about them.

I can't easily include the /etc/lilo.conf file, as that's on a non-networked machine, but if anyone really wants it, I'll see if I can hunt down one of those antiquated floppy disk thingies and copy the file over and send it.

Thanks!

Kent