Re: Promise ATA 100

Hello!

I assume you cannot access your /dev/hde and linux doesn't detect your
Promise ATA 100 interface either?

You can find much information on that topic in the newsgroup

  comp.os.linux.hardware

Probably you want to add someting like

   ide2=0xfirstaddress,0xsecondaddress+2a

to your kernel parameters. Look up these adresses in your bios or in
windows.

(!) Be careful, i have no experience with adding additional ide controllers
to my system. The information above is from that newsgroup.
You should better search there a bit more intensive than I did.

Bye, Martin

--
Ernst Martin Witte
email: witte@kawo1.rwth-aachen.de

(g4 c g f g8 as) g2. '(g4 es c)(d c8 h)c2(b4 as8 g)as2(g4 f8 e)f1.
(Anton Bruckner)