Re: pppd problem with 2.4.1

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Tom George wrote:

> I compiled 2.4.1 and tried to sign on the internet.  pppd sent a string
> that caused the connection to fail.  I reloaced 2.2.12 and signed on
> with no difficulty in order to send this message.  Any ideas?

The following configuration works perfectly (for my serial modem
connection):
bdg:/home/okidz# uname -a
Linux bdg 2.4.1 #2 SMP Mon Feb 5 14:27:10 JAVT 2001 i686 unknown
bdg:/home/okidz# dpkg -l | grep ppp
ii  ppp            2.4.0f-1       Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) daemon.

/etc/modules:
#
slhc
ppp_generic
ppp_async

After you have edited /etc/modules, you can do the following:
insmod slhc
insmod ppp_generic
insmod ppp_async
So that you don't have to reboot the machine (you are not supposed to ;-).

Enjoy your ppp connection,
Oki