Re: CD-RW trouble

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 11:24:06AM -0800, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

>     John,
>
> Here is my script: /usr/local/sbin/wipe_writer
> #!/bin/sh
> cdrecord dev=0,0,0 blank=all speed=4
> eject /dev/scd0
>
> Just wonder if a speed entry will help..

I doubt it, but specifying dev=0,0,0 instead of dev=scd0 might do the trick.
Use "cdrecord -scanbus" to determine the proper scsibus/target/lun numbers.

> > now if i try:
> > #cdrecord dev=scd0 blank=all

I doubt this will work, from the manpage:

       The  device  refers  to  scsibus/target/lun  of  the   CD-
       Recorder.  Communication  on  SunOS  is done with the SCSI
       general driver scg.  Other operating systems are  using  a
       library  simulation  of  this driver.  Possible syntax is:
       dev= scsibus,target,lun or dev= target,lun.  In the latter
       case,  the  CD-Recorder has to be connected to the default
       SCSI bus of the machine.   Scsibus,  target  and  lun  are
       integer numbers.  Some operating systems or SCSI transport
       implementations may require to specify a filename in addi-
       tion.   In  this case the corect syntax for the device is:

unless ofcourse you have scd0 defined in /etc/default/cdrecord:)

--
groetjes, carel