Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 06:46:11PM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> "Stan Brown" wrote:
>   >Whats the deal with LD_LIBRARY_PATH in Debian?
>   >
>   >I have a ORACLE::DBD perl module that needs this set to include the Oralce s
>       >hared
>   >libs. I guess I can just set this in each users .profile.
>   >
>   >Sounds like there should eb a "Debian Way" of doing this though. ??
>
> If you as administrator want to make it available to everyone, I think you
> can use ldconfig (edit /etc/ld.so.conf first).

</lurk> this worked nicely for me...

i added /usr/oracle/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then ran ldconfig
so now most of 'make test' works for cpan's "DBD::Oracle" on my
potato system. it gets stuck in the test.pl &test2() area which
is connect/open/close/disconnect rigor testing, but it seems to
work in standard perl code now...

hope this worked for you, too, stan! thanks, oliver!

(no way in hell i ever woulda found out about this on my own. i
was almost ready to give up!)

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/