Re: event viewer application

For all practical use, following may suffice your need.

1. Install mc (or install task-newbie) to get access to midnight commander.

2. Run from root (Xterm or console)

    # mc /var/log /proc

3. Play with TAB and all key combination you can think.

You really do not need to know unix to navigate this way.

Good luck.

Osamu