Printing woes

I installed lprng and magicfilter via apt to enable printing in debian.
It prints ok, except for a few problems. The margins are pretty messed
up - there is about a quarter inch less on the left side than there is
on the right. Also, underlining and bold just dont look right - the line
below underlined text is weird and bold text is really not that much
darker than normal text. I have a Canon BJC-4300 printer and I am using
the bj-600 driver from magicfilter (I have already tried most of the
bubblejet drivers in magicfilter). I was thinking that trying CUPS could
fix this but was told that it would not make a difference. Does anyone
have any experience with this printer or know how I can fix this?
Thanks.

--
Charlie Yao <cyao2@san.rr.com>
"The greener grass on the other side is probably artificial turf."