Re: host aliases

This is alot like a question I had about DHCP / DNS.  I control DHCP and
DNS for my subnet and use DHCP for all hosts.  Well all but routers and
firewalls.  The need is to have:

1. DHCP use the NIC's MAC to identify a machine constistantly <easy with
'host' in dhcp.conf>
2. Assign a random IP from the pool.  <again easy by omitting 'fixed
address' in the host section
3. selectively update DNS / named - while running - with the IP and
hostname of the machine that just got the address.  The hostname can be,
baed on named.conf or dhcp.conf, from the 'host' section in dhcp.conf or
sent by the workstation getting the address. <I haven't got a clue>