Re: Perl warning on woody apt-get revisited

Glen Snyder wrote:
> I get something similar to this, whenever I use apt-get dist-upgrade.
>
> Can't locate Debconf/Client/ConfModule.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5
> /5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.005
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/
> local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5 .) at
> /usr/share/console/getkmapchoice.pl lin
> e 3.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/console/getkmapchoice.pl

Know bug in console-tools.

> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>  LANGUAGE = (unset),
>  LC_ALL = (unset),
>  LANG = "c"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>  LANGUAGE = (unset),
>  LC_ALL = (unset),
>  LANG = "c"
>     are supported and installed on your system.

man perldiag :

       perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
           (S) The whole warning message will look something
           like:

                   perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
                           LC_ALL = "En_US",
                           LANG = (unset)

           Exactly what were the failed locale settings varies.
           In the above the settings were that the LC_ALL was
           "En_US" and the LANG had no value.  This error means
           that Perl detected that you and/or your system admin-
           istrator have set up the so-called variable system but
           Perl could not use those settings.  This was not dead
           serious, fortunately: there is a "default locale"
           called "C" that Perl can and will use, the script will
           be run.  Before you really fix the problem, however,
           you will get the same error message each time you run
           Perl.  How to really fix the problem can be found in
           the perllocale manpage section LOCALE PROBLEMS.

--
see shy jo