Xlibs problem

I just noticed that the xlibs package (version 4.0.2-1) doesn't
provide the shared libraries for some of the libraries, Xrender and
Xft to name a few. The static versions of these are however
available in xlibs-dev. The binary distro of Xfree86 from xfree86.org
however has these in Xbin.tgz. Is it a bug in the packages or are
they included in some other package that I haven't installed.
Also the xlibs-dev package doesn't seem to provide
Xft/XftFreetype.h. No bugs seems to have been filed regarding these
problems however.
I just wanted to confirm before filing a bug report.

Vijay.