Re: Strange Message

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 02:08:17PM +0100, Alexis Roda wrote:

> >         Hans Marcus Kruger writes:
> >
> > HMK> Thats the strange message:
> > HMK> DEBUG:  --Relation pg_tables--
> >
> > Probably, pg is PostgreSQL.
>
> It is. It started to appear in my computer after upgrading to kernel
> 2.4, I never observed it before on kernel 2.2. It appears when the daily
> maintenance cron job of postgres is running, usually those messages get
> directed to /var/log/postgres.log but with 2.4 they aren't. It seems to
> be harmless, but I would like to fix it. Any clue?

In /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init

# Where to send logging and debugging traces
# POSTGRES_LOG=/var/log/postgres.log

# Debugging level at which the backend servers are to operate.
# unset: no logging (unless PGECHO is set); 0: no logging except stderr;
# 1: trace connection traffic only; >=2: turn on debugging in the
# backends
# giving more information according to the debug level. Debug logs are
# sent to $POSTGRES_LOG
PGDEBUG=0

# Whether to echo queries to the backend log. Setting this forces the
# equivalent of PGDEBUG=0: yes/no
# PGECHO=no

Maybe have a look at your configs...

--