Re: E-commerce

on Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 01:46:12PM +0100, Ale? Jerman (ales.jerman1@guest.arnes.si) wrote:
> Does anybody know a good E-commerce solution for Debian?
> I need something for about 30 products, something that is simple for
> use, that is sicure and that would run well on CPU 200Mhz, RAM 32MB.
> Thank you!
> Bye,

Plugging my former employer, Zelerate's AllCommerce
(http://www.zelerate.com/), is based on Apache, Perl, and MySQL, and
should turn the trick, though more memory will help a more active or
larger site.  Initial configuration can be a bit of a curve, but the
product scales well and is very flexible.  I've installed it on several
Debian systems with ease (easier in fact than the target RH install
because of the ease of using apt to install packages.  Security is
enabled through apache-ssl and by locking down access to your MySQL
server ports.

Akopia is now part of the Red Hat family of offerings.   It's got a
slick installer, and a client-serve architecture.

There are several other offerings as free software, search Freshmeat,
though most are less developed, and several are now combined (e.g.:
Tallyman and YAMS, IIRC, under Akopia).