Re: XMMS, esd, and 2.4 kernel?

    Rob> I upgraded to 2.4 and the esd output plugin for XMMS doesn't
    Rob> seem to work anymore.  I can get sound if I use the OSS
    Rob> output plugin, but the ESD one would play anything.  Well, it
    Rob> does but it's for litterally 1 second and it repeats that 1
    Rob> second and slows down my machine.  Do I need a new version of
    Rob> libesd or something to work with the 2.4 kernel?

The Helix version works OK for me on 2.4.1; however, as explained in
the other thread, the gnome libraries can't use it for some reason (eg.
gnome-control-centre).

Oh, I couldn't play any sounds at all using XMMS OSS plugin module,
unless I killed esd first. Check to see if esd is running or not. That
might explain part of the problem.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>