Lexmark Z52 Support

I think that I am finally sending this to the right mailbox.
I downloaded a device driver package from Lexmark (cjlx52le.tar.gz);
untarred it to an rpm file; converted it to Debian format via "alien"
(lexmarkz52_1.0-2_i286.deb); and installed the resultant package via
"dbpkg". All of the resultant 84 files are on "/usr/local/lexmark/z52".
Missing is file "libvdkcompo.so.1". Lexmark support does not want to
talk to me, since they "do not support Debian". None of the 84 files
appear (to me) to be a print driver, although the ELF file "lexmarkz52"
may be close.
All suggestions appreciated.