Re: depmod: not an ELF file

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:30:51PM -0800, Krzys Majewski wrote:
> Why does 'update-modules' give:
>
> depmod: not an ELF file?
>
> I've done a dist-upgrade but no juice.

    I've had this happen when I transferred a module incorrectly. I think I
transferred it across an ms-dos-mounted floppy instead of vfat. Maybe you had
a transfer problem?

    Try "file <filename>". The modules should say, I believe, 32-bit ELF.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX