vim and TERM=linux problem

Hi!

I have a weird problem with vim under debian. Whenever I start vim in the
console my cursor dissapears, this only happens if the TERM variable is set to
linux (xterm and xterm-color and ansi work ok for vim). Is there a way to make
vim work with TERM=linux variable? Couse if I set any other variable some other
programs display things weird. And the only way to get the cursor back in vim
is to write reset on the bash prompt.

THX in advance!

Bostjan
--