Debian install on the Ricoh g1200s

As if like isn't hard enough, I've gone and bought a g1200s and am trying to put linux on it. For those of you who aren't familiar with this machine, it's a tablet computer with a pcmcia hard drive and a cdrom. I can plug in a keyboard and mouse for the setup procedure, but my eventual goal is to get the diffs loaded which will allow me to use xscribble for handwriting recognition on the pressure sensitive screen.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get past the install. I have an ibm-pc110 with a floppy drive that I have used to install the latest stable base distribution of debian onto a viper 260mb type III hard drive. I had it put LILO on the MBR, but I still needed the floppy for the reboot. This is going to be a problem as the g1200s has no floppy drive.

The immediate problem is that I can't access the Microsolutions backpack cdrom on the parallel port. I instructed the system to load the paride module. The module appears to be loaded when I reboot, but when I got to apt configuration, the cdrom isn't detected. It then asks me to enter the file I wish to use to access the cdrom. This is where I'm stuck. I don't know which file it's talking about. module, device mount point...? Like I said, I'm stuck.

Thanks

Peter