Re: Color monitor

Il Monday 05 February 2001 18:33, hai scritto:
> To quote Vittorio De Martino <v.demart@dada.it>,
> # well, I finished the first part of Debian 2.2r2 potato installation
> with
> # success and, before going ahead with the installation of the basic
> system,
> # I'd like to fix the appearance of the screen.  Having an SVGA color
> monitor
> # I want it to appears in colors as it actually is when you start the
> # installation CD. Instead, at the end of the first part of the
> installation,
> # all I got is a flat B/W screen.
> # What should I do?
>
> Please describe more thouroughly(sp?) what you mean. Generally, after
> one has completed the installation, you're presented with the login
> prompt. If that's your case, then there are no colours to be displayed
> anyhow, it's just text. Log in, and do 'ls --colors'. If everything is
> still in grey and black, then you might have a problem. If you're using
> XFree86, and it refuses to display colours, try running 'XF86Setup' or
> 'dexter' to configure X.
>
> David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
>     Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)
Yes, I'm presented with the login prompt, then I key my root password in and
all I have is a B/W screen.  I cannot distinguish, e.g., if what I'm listing
is a directory or a file, because it's all white on black screen. I know that
it is possible to set a color screen even working under bash.
At least, under RedHat  I have that screen , where for instance directories
are blue, executable files are green and symlink are highlighted red. Even at
boot time the screen is colored  with the various [OK] green and [failed]
yellow,
Is now my point clear?
Any help to get such a result?