fetchmail: segfaulting on spam message

This is more in the line of a heads-up than a bug report.

My fetmail process was getting hung up on an apparently malformed spam
message over the past few hours.  Unfortunately, I don't have the
message itself as I had to delete it from my pop3 server in order to
unblock the queue.   Anyone finding themselves in a similar situation
should look at RFC 1939 (http://faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1939.html).  I was
able to delete the message by logging on to the server (USER and PASS),
listing messages, retreiving (to stdout) the spam, and deleting it.

Anyone see anything similar?  I did run across one Deja or Google
posting which seemed similar.