Configuring aptget to use HTTP proxy

I just installed Debian (Potato) on a machine at home. Now I have the
machine on the network at work.

When I initialy setup the machine, I was prompted to set up an HTTP proxy
for apt-get. I did not need to do this at home.

Now at work, I need to do this. How can I change this configuration?

A second chooice would be to set up apt-get to use SOCKS, would this be
better? If so, how can I do this?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.