Re: Cyrus IMAP/POP +NIS ?

> Check to ensure PAM support is enabled?
>
> If PAM is supported, then NIS should be supported via the pam_unix.so
> PAM module.

Not according to my experience. I had problems with NIS RPC calls.
Specifically, NIS clients can update NIS passwords on master, but cannot
update local passwords (eg, root). Further, updating on master causes
long delays and error message that password was NOT updated, while
in reality it was. If you are interested, I can send detailed bug reports.
I did send them to the PAM maintainer Ben Collins but didn't get any
useful reply. I would be interested to hear from anybody who succeeded
to use NIS + PAM.

Igor Mozetic