Re: Making Apt Follow Recommendations/Suggestions

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 03:54:46PM +0100, Holger Rauch wrote:
> How can I make Apt automatically follow recommendations and/or
> suggestions? This feature would be useful to me since I would like to
> obtain the documentation to a package as well as the package itself.

The only way I've found to do this is take a look at `apt-cache show
packagename`, which lists the suggests/recommends, and use this info to
install them manually.

Personally, I wouldn't want to ever install suggested/recommended packages
blindly, but I think it would be great if apt-get had an option to display
them along with the removed/new/upgraded package summaries.

--
SGI products are used to create the 'Bugs' that entertain us in theatres
and at home. - SGI job posting