Build Packages-file

I'm wondering if it is possible to build the Packages-file that tells apt
about packages in a directory-tree, on my own. What I mean is: you have
some unofficial .deps and want to use "apt-get install one_package" so
dependencies are solved by apt. I think it is necessary that there is an
Packages and Packages.gz so apt can create cache entries for this
unofficial packages, like the Packages/Packages.gz contained in the
distribution tree, e.g.

The content of these files is similar to output of dpkg -f a_dep_pkg.dep,
but there are some entries missing.

Thanks, Frank Grimm.
Frank Grimm | fgr@zlug.org