Window Manager trouble/Thanks

Thanks to the help of the list, I have managed to whittle away many of the
X problems that plagued me subsequent to an upgrade to testing.

Wish I could express -- w/o being foofy -- how much this community has
come to mean to me since moving to Debian some months ago. The support is
tremendous, and it's all reflected by and on and in the distro itself,
which as far as I'm concerned has no peer. The two things are so
intertwined.

I can only hope that I reach a level of proficiency that will allow me to
help others as they have helped me.

ANYhoo, the sole remaining problem is that half my window managers don't
work any more. This wouldn't be such a big deal -- I don't *really* use
'em all -- if it weren't for the fact that one of the ones that no longer
works is Window Maker, which is my favorite.

Basically, when I try to switch to any of the 'problematic' WMs, X just
fails. Goes away. And I'm back at a console prompt. The only line in the
X error output that looks weird (to me) is the last one, which
reads: "Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,
removing from list!" But that doesn't sound awful enough to make a WM
fail.

I have checked for that directory and it does exist ... what is supposed
to happen here and what can I do to fix it?

// G l e n n  B e c k e r                                                |

// I don't wanna kill my china pig.                                      |
// 		-- Captain Beefheart                                     |

// glenn@scifi.com                                                       |