Re: apache: AddDefaultCharsetName "invalid command"

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 01:21:34AM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> on Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 01:54:30PM +1100, hogan (hogan@netspace.net.au) wrote:
> > I found when I recently installed Apache, I had to go into configuration
> > file and uncomment all the modules the default configuration quoted..
> >
> > Ie. It used directives it had commented out the loading of the modules for.
> Any idea which specific module?  I'll have a long flight to explore this
> on tomorrow....

i wish apache (debian?) would massage the default httpd.conf to
include lots of <ifModule> directives:

	<ifModule mod_dir.c>
		DirectoryIndex index.cgi index.html /perl/index.pl
	<ifModule mod_alias.c>
		Alias /icons /usr/share/apache/icons
		ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /usr/lib/cgi-bin

then when you wanna tinker, you can just comment or un-comment
a couple LoadModule lines, and you're up and running!

to find out which module a config command belongs to,

	apt-get install apache-doc

and browse to

(altho /doc is associated with /usr/doc, and apache-doc installs
into /usr/share/doc -- munge your httpd.conf aliases if

hit "modules" to see a by-module listing (which directives does
module xyz support?)

hit "runtime config directives" to get a by-directive listing
(click any of them to see the module-specific features).

unless you're talking about a non-standard module for apache,
but hopefully that also installs similar documentation. if you
have server-info enabled in httpd.conf, browse there and it'll
show which modules are active, and list all their config commands
(and show current settings).

See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't
create jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or
something.  But the government will spend it, thereby
creating jobs.      -- Dave Barry

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/