Re: make problems

jdls@apu.edu wrote:

> Hi,
>   When trying to compile gnome_dialup from source I get this error:
>
> trunks:/home/jdls/gnome_dialup# make
> usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: ***  [gnome-dialup] Error 1
>
> searching the contents of the latest release or packages directories turns up nothing for ldb or -ldb?
>
> Hoping for some help

I had a similar problem with compiling mod_dav from source (this is
using debian "testing"). For some reason, ld couldn't find libdb, even
though it was available in /lib/ (or /usr/lib, I can't remember) and
ldconfig was finding it ok. My solution was to replace -ldb with -ldb1
in the Makefile. You don't actually have to replace the -ldb, you just
have to make sure -ldb1 is there somewhere.

I think I got libdb1 from the "libdb1" package.

--
Mike.Moran@ee.ed.ac.uk
                   Web: http://houseofmoran.com/