Exploring Windows CE filesystem from Debian/Linux

So I've got an old Windows CE Palm Size PC.  Wouldn't be my first choice of
organizers, today, but I have it.

When connecting to an MS box, I can run "ActiveSync" to explore the files
on the PDA, and sync up tasks, appointments, contacts, etc. with my desktop
PIM (eg, MS Outlook)

Question is: has anyone written something that allows me to do either thing
from Linux:
1) Explore the filesystem on the "cradled" Cassiopeia
2) Sync tasks, appointments, contacts with some program on the Linux box.

I suspect some reverse engineering would work to accomplish #1, if it
hasn't been done already.  (The cradle is connected through a serial port)
David B. Small                    dbsmall@alumni.haas.org