Creative Flash 56 V.90 Modemblaster (ISA bus) in Linux

HI all

I have baught said modem, in the seemingly mistaken belief that it is a normal internal serial modem, usable with no extra tricks, besides sorting the PnP out.

With the arrival of kernel 2.4.0, the PnP turned out not to be a problem, (I can see that the device is active by looking at /proc/isapnp, as well as the ioport and IRQ), but setting up setserial to use those port and IRQ settings is unsucsessful

Setseial seems to tell me that it is not a UART...

Any ideas?  Is there any hope of getting this modem to work in linux?

Thanks
Neilen