Re: Problems with dist-upgrade and XFree86

> Here's the deal:
> I have 4 XF86Config files:
> XF86Config-4 is located in /etc/ and has instructions for XFree86 4
> XF86Config is located in /etc/ Another is located in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/
> Both contain the old configuration.
> If I run startx tries to load modules for XFree3.3.6 indicated at
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config (These include PEX and XIE). I've already
> reinstalled the latest version of xbase-clients (for testing and unstable),
> with no effect.

I'm having the exact same problem (except I formatted to potato). I just
can't get it to work. startx looks for the file in .usr/X11R6/... and X won't
start with that command, *but* if I run "XFree86" (the command), it does
work. What's confusing me is that normally I need the xserver-svga
package, which has a 3.x version number, so I don't even know what
it's doing with all these XF86Config/XF86Config-4 files although normally
I've never had a problem with any of this.

- Bart