Re: apt-get install debconf problem

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 05:48:42PM -0500, Bart Szyszka wrote:
> > I am having some trouble installing/upgrading debconf from unstable...is
> > anybody having a similar problem?
> Yeah, I got several errors related to Perl and installing Perl 5.6 (which
> it did, since it or whatever depended on it also depended on Perl
> 5.6) didn't help. I ended up formatting and installing potato instead.
> I'd be nice if there was some way of finding out whether or not
> it's safe to upgrade to testing/unstable.

Well, I upgraded from testing to unstable today and I had similar problems.
It seemed that Perl 5.6-base wasn't configured properly.

So, I did

# dpkg --configure perl-5.6-base
# apt-get dist-upgrade

and everything worked. It seems like perl was missing a dependency
that was fixed with one of the packages configured later in the
process, but I'm not certain about that.

BTW, this is on powerpc

Good luck,

Vinod Kurup, MD
email: vkurup@massmed.org